mardi 18 mai 2010

Morning Meetings

We use morning meetings in my class every day. It is part of our daily routine.
At the beginning I must admitt that I wasn't a great fan well I thought it was good for the kids because it made them speak French and as I am in 1st grade every occasion to speak french is good to take. But I found it long and a little bit boring for myself.
That's when I decided I was gonna be in charge of the meeting prepare it everyday, find a "salutation", a question, and a game.
And throuhout the year I found new games and the questions were becoming more and more intersting as the kids were able to speak more french.

I think the morning meeting is a good way to start the ay, at the begining of the year it helps the students know their classmates, and gives you an opportunity to speak french but usually in a fun way.

Plus the kids just LOVE to share personnal things!

Here are some quotations from kids.
I asked them what they like and what they did not like in the morning meeting and why:

" I do not like games when you don't do anything"
"I like the morning meeting because we play and say Hi to the others"
"It is fun"
"It helps us speak french"
"To know the others"
"I'd like to speak more when we're sharing."
"I don't like when kids don't listen"
"I don't like to look at the person who speaks cause after, I'm tired"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire